The University believes that education can fundamentally transform lives and communities and therefore encourages applications from all prospective students whatever their background, with the potential to do well at University.
We are committed to:
• minimizing barriers to higher education which applicants may face, and creating a balanced and diverse student body in keeping with our Fair Access Agreement with the Office for Fair Access;
• eliminating discrimination, promoting diversity and equality of opportunity in our practices, policies and procedures, and ensuring that our admissions process is fair and equitable, and consistent with our Diversity & Equal Opportunities Policy and other relevant policies such as our Disability Policy;
• using reliable selection methods in order to admit students with the potential to do well on their chosen course of study, as judged by their achievements and potential;
• using admissions practices that are consistent, transparent and fair; and
• providing accurate and easily-understood information to applicants in accessible formats.