A student has the right to appeal against that decision of Aventis Examination Board on the following grounds:
- That his/her performance in the assessment was adversely affected by illness or other factors which he/she was unable, or for valid reasons unwilling to divulge before the Aventis Examination Board reached its decision. The student’s request must be supported by medical certificates or other documentary evidence acceptable to the appeal Panel indicating clearly why such evidence was not previously presented to the Aventis Examination Board.
- That there has been a material administrative error or that the assessment was not conducted in accordance with the Academic Regulations governing the programme, or that some materials irregularity has occurred.
Students who wish to exercise the right of appeal must submit their application in writing within 5 working days from the date of release of their results to Student Service Office. The administrative fee for appeal application will be S$53.50 per unit. Please note that the application to appeal against results does not entitle the students to view or retain their examination scripts.
The appeal results will be released within 4 weeks for Aventis Programs, and not later than 8 weeks for Programs from external universities. Students will be notified on the outcome via email.
Click Here to Submit a Request
To ensure objectivity in the appeal process, the appeal will be administered by an independent Examination Board. The outcome of the appeal can be one of the following:
- The original grade awarded will remain; or
- A better grade will be awarded; or
- A worse grade will be awarded
Please allow 1-3 working days for our student service team to get back to you.
The decision of the Examination Board shall be final and no further appeal will be entertained.
A copy of the Appeal Request Form can be found downloaded by clicking Here.